Friday, October 13, 2023

TCCC Employee of the Month

Congratulations to Scott Werly, 2nd assistant on the grounds staff!  Here is Scott's story.


Hi, I am Scott Werly and I have been working in the grounds department for over 20 years. I am truly blessed to be working outdoors on such a beautiful course with wonderful people. The best part of my day is watching the sun come up over the number two tee box as my wife can attest to with all the sunrise pictures, I share with her. 

Some of my everyday duties at the course are setting up the golf course for play each day.  Setting the tee locations as well as the hole locations for the day.  I check the moisture level in the green and measure the green speed readings.   Our average in July and August was 11 feet 5 inches with the stimp meter.  I am in constant communication with the entire morning maintenance team to make sure your play is the best it can be every day.  One of my favorite times at the course is driving the tractor for the hayride in October and driving Santa’s sleigh ride.  It is a blast watching the kids have so much fun!  

In my spare time my wife and I can be found down at Clinch Marina enjoying a cocktail with our fellow boat families.  We love to go downhill skiing, sledding and especially hiking with all our trails in the region.  We take our three dogs out for the hikes every chance we get, depending on the season.  

 

Scott Werly

 




 

Clubhouse Sneak Peak from Last Sunday

The new wine locker display and storage, this was the old coat room.                                         This is walking into the entran...